- Job Title: Receptionist
- Position Level: Experienced
- Location: Johannesburg
- Reporting to: Operations Director
Who we are:
AVT is an industry-leading digital communication specialist, focusing on audio visual solutions, with more than 13 years of industry experience. We have expanded into specialized markets, to provide digital signage and commercial solutions, by focusing on value-adding relationships with both employees and customers. Our continued growth and sub-Saharan Africa presence ensures that we are able to be a turn-key solutions provider as well as to offer local service to our international customers and partners.
The Receptionist is the first point of contact for the entire organization, which requires a positive attitude and polished, professional appearance. This position will multitask a variety of front and backend office duties and responsibilities.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet clients and visitors with a positive, helpful attitude.
- Assisting clients in finding their way around the office.
- Announcing clients as necessary.
- Helping maintain workplace security by issuing, checking and collecting badges as necessary and maintaining visitor logs.
- Assisting with a variety of administrative tasks including copying, faxing, taking notes and making travel plans.
- Preparing meeting and training rooms.
- Answering phones in a professional manner, and routing/screening calls as necessary.
- Performing ad-hoc administrative duties.
- Sorting and distributing mail.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Scheduling appointments.
- Assist management with administrative/inhouse tasks as needed.
- Managing filing system
- Helping organize and maintain office common areas.
- Performing general office clerk duties and errands.
- Maintaining office equipment as needed.
- Incoming and outgoing stock management and paperwork
- Maintaining office supplies
- Prior experience as a receptionist or in related field.
- Consistent, professional dress and manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Good time management skills.
- Experience with administrative and clerical procedures.
- Able to contribute positively as part of a team, helping out with various tasks as required